Saturday 19 December 2015

Podcasts

Like most people I have listened to podcasts but never thought of making one, mainly as I think they are quite a boring way of communicating and listening to two people talk about their favourite graphic novels did not make me want to go and read them - although I know enough to have heard of quite a few of them. If I am honest I thought they reminded me of the kind of radio I dislike most - very amateurish shared dialogue.  I would not be this critical but they are presumably paid to do this and therefore fair game for criticism. It also confirmed that podcasts are not for me.

As you can see I am really struggling on this one. I really cannot think of anything that I could talk about in this format. Happy to write stuff, but not to talk. I think the difference is that if someone doesn't like what you are writing they can very easily skip a few paragraphs but with speech that is much more difficult. It is one of the reasons I like audio books - you hear every word. So I have looked at the tech and understand the principle so I could do a podcast if I wanted to but no wish to.

The only way it could be useful, in my job, although at the moment is not technically possible, would be in a three layer Aurasma type app where you  have the image to be scanned, say a book cover, then a silent version of a book trailer from youtube (or wherever) and a podcast of a book review spoken by the writer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment - it will show as soon as I have read it.