Saturday 19 December 2015

Augmented Reality


Aurasma - what serendipitous timing! We have just started using this to produce book reviews at the school where I work. It is part of the Learning and Teaching Committee work, I am a member. I can testify it can all be done on mobile phones and iPads. However, it can be does not mean it should be. If you use a mobile phone for the video bit then you need to stabilise it or it looks amateurish - like a moving selfie. It depends who your anticipated audience is, if it is just students then the amateurish look is OK, however, if it is also a part of your marketing tools either for the Library or the wider institution then quality matters. I will have to see if I can get you access to this as it is a school thing I may not be able to due to Child Protection rules. Otherwise I will try and put a couple together. Unfortunately I can't get into Aurasma studio at present. Bloody internet I suppose.

However, it is free, it is easy to use both for originating content and for viewing that content. I think one of the things that does need doing - an idea for someone's MA dissertation perhaps? Is to see how effective all these apps are in increasing the number of loans on a title and on which titles are borrowed. Or are there other factors which are far more important? Such as peer recommendations? Anyway just a thought.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment - it will show as soon as I have read it.