Saturday 12 December 2015

Google

I am a regular user of many things Google as I work in an igle school. I like the calendar and the fact it can be several calendars showing as one - I have two, the school's one and my personal one. I use gmail (I also have yahoo and apple accounts but it is gmail that i use - again two accounts one for school and one for personal). At work I use Google docs and sheets which I find very frustrating due to the things they don't do - for most things I use MS office. However, as the Google apps are all free they are high quality.

Probably my favourite app if you can call it such is Google drive, I have two one for home and one for work, my only bug bear is only being allowed to download one to my computer. I understand why, it is just frustrating. I have used Google drive for some years now and so far have had no problems although I know people who have, therefore my advice is do not rely on it as your sole copies of data.

I like the photos app for school photos as it solves the problem of not wanting school photos on my own computer. I find Google maps more efficient than my satnav although less useful when I miss a turning!

My husband and I have just spent some time hunting for a new home and have spent so much time on Google earth and street view - I love it but also appreciate it has short-comings.

Of course the biggest problem with google is that it relies being online - which is fine if you live somewhere with good internet access. I don't but as I say I have alternatives for most things when the internet is down and if not then it has to wait.

So, on the whole I am a fan of google - I wish they paid some tax but feel that no one does if they can find a way around it so maybe it is up to govts to close the loopholes.

1 comment:

  1. Again, another thought provoking post. Not only are you concetrating on the 'Thing' and your experience, but also on the broader social implications. I like it!
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment - it will show as soon as I have read it.