Thursday 17 December 2015

Attending Conferences

I attended a very interesting non-conference a couple of years ago. There were impromptu talks on many topics. Unfortunately when I was in the UK conferences were not really an option due to location and cost. I was willing to go but the school I worked for was not willing to pay especially as they nearly always involved an overnight stay and I was not able to pay for myself. The conference I would most have liked to attend was the SLA Weekend Conference, held every year in a different location in the UK as it sounded everything a conference should be: informative, friendly and fun.

In Malaysia I will be going to a mix between a conference and a course in March - a bit late to write up for this course. It is being organised by the Librarian at Garden International and should be enormous fun, very informative as there are a series of micro presentations being given and friendly as it is for the KL Librarians' Network, a group of Librarians working at the many international schools in and around Kuala Lumpur, this too is a weekend event and so involves a stay in a good hotel, an added bonus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment - it will show as soon as I have read it.