Sunday 3 January 2016

Thing 17: Reflective Practice

Reflective Practices

These reflective posts are by far and away the most difficult. In fact this one has almost got me to abandon this course, but I am not going to let it finish me. I understand that reflection is a good thing, but it is time consuming. Some of the course has been really useful but some of it is far less so, but looking at it positively I now know there are some kinds of apps I am not interested in using and if anyone ever suggests it I can say I have reflected and suggest they get someone else!

I am almost entirely with Edwards and Thomas on this one. "Many practitioners believe ‘learning by doing’ is the most beneficial approach, without any need for self reflection (Edwards and Thomas, 2010)"

I don't find reflection a positive experience in fact if anything by the time I have finished exposing all my weaknesses I feel so fed up I don't want to continue - hence the long gap since I last did anything on this course. Yes I can look at something I have done to see if there is a reason to repeat and usually when I do anything the first time I will know I can improve it but to write down all my failings does not help me to improve whatever the thing is. I just do the changes/rewrite or whatever I feel is required. I realise there are people out there (the majority) who can do these things and they see lots of positives but I don't. So, as I do want to finish this course this is as far as this is going or I won't.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment - it will show as soon as I have read it.