Sunday 3 January 2016

Collaboration Tools

Here is my text from the google Doc:

I am very very late to this Thing, it is now 3/1/2016. I have used Google Drive for years and find it useful and only use Google Docs and Sheets from necessity (it is a work thing) as there are too many features they don’t have - the only I miss most is the ability to see non-printing characters. Why won’t Google add this on? Fortunately you can create docs in Word and then open them in Docs. Docs is good for one thing - genre bookmarks, very good and easy, although again the lack of being able to see non printing characters can leave you wondering what you have done to make something look as it does. (WCBW). That is it for this one. I will copy this into the blog so that it shows I have done it.

I don't use a lot of collaborative tools, Docs is used around the College, for many things I also use it for the various aspects of a competition I am involved in running. You could classify Google Sheets in the complex finance system we have, not sure it is really collaborative as I use it to get expenditure signed off, so more a process than a collaboration. However, everything has to be printed for submission. Have not used slides yet as PP seems more than adequate. I did try to use forms but it did not really come off - ran out of time to get the forms filled in. We do not currently have sufficient tech to make this work and I think it is better if people fill them in on paper and hand them in before the lesson finishes or they don't get done. If students were prepared to use them forms might be useful for book reviews. Again if we had more tech available for students to use - especially the younger ones then it would be interesting to use more online docs instead of them writing everything longhand.  That could be a useful way to introduce them to the skills they will need as they move up the school. Might try and introduce some.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment - it will show as soon as I have read it.